- This event has passed.
Chair Yoga + Self-Massage + Yoga Nidra with Janis Goto
April 13 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm HST$25.00
Are you sleep-deprived or overly stressed (which encourages abdominal fat accumulation)? Or, do you simply want to learn a method to become more balanced and tranquil? Experience the benefits of gentle chair yoga, easy to do self-massage techniques, and Yoga Nidra. Yoga Nidra (aka “Yogic Sleep”) is a guided meditation where your brain activity shifts from Beta (lots of brain activity) to Alpha (relaxed state). The shift in brain waves promotes the “Rest and Digest” or Parasympathetic Nervous System, which releases the calming hormones, Serotonin and Melatonin, bringing relaxation and calmness. Offered even in the corporate world to promote creativity and production with employees… imagine what it could bring to your daily life!
TO RSVP FOR THIS EVENT:
Please email Erin at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Janis Goto has been working professionally in the health and fitness field since 1984 while attending California State University, L.A. In Honolulu, she has taught classes at the Honolulu Club, Queen Emma Center, University of Hawaii, 25 years at the Kaimuki-Waialae Y.M.C.A. and currently, at her private gym she runs the following classes:
- Conditioning/aerobic classes
- Movement education for children from 1-5 years old
- Prenatal and postnatal classes, including water work
- Senior exercise
- Strength training
She is one of the core founders of the successful Department of Education Adult School’s “For the Love of Dogs” Obedience Training Program.
She has been a Boxer breeder and participant in AKC Obedience Trials and AKC Conformation Dog Shows where her Boxers won Champion titles along with Nationally ranked Obedience titles.
Her Training credentials and experience include:
- Certified Personal and Group Trainer…AFAA!
- Certified Canine Massage Therapist—Equissage
- CEU courses currently include…
- Healing Touch for Animals, Level 1 and 2
- Healing Touch for Humans, Level 1 and 2 at Pali Momi
- Rolfing Techniques at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA,
- Animal Communication Workshop with Bill Northern
- Intensive Feng Shui Course with Alice Inoue
- Arthritis Exercise Workshop