- This event has passed.
Is Your Dog Telling You to Chill? with Janis Goto
July 13 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm HST$25.00
Have you seen a dog turn its head away when someone hugs them? Does your dog find something amazing to smell on the ground when another dog is approaching? These are just two, of many, calming signals. Join us to understand the various calming signals a dog uses to communicate with other dogs, as well as humans, when they want to calm themselves or others. Use this knowledge to your advantage to know when your dog feels uncomfortable in a situation, or when they are working on getting themselves to a relaxed state, so they can be praised for the effort.
TO RSVP FOR THIS EVENT:
Please email Erin at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Janis Goto has been working professionally in the health and fitness field since 1984 while attending California State University, L.A. In Honolulu, she has taught classes at the Honolulu Club, Queen Emma Center, University of Hawaii, 25 years at the Kaimuki-Waialae Y.M.C.A. and currently, at her private gym she runs the following classes:
- Conditioning/aerobic classes
- Movement education for children from 1-5 years old
- Prenatal and postnatal classes, including water work
- Senior exercise
- Strength training
She is one of the core founders of the successful Department of Education Adult School’s “For the Love of Dogs” Obedience Training Program.
She has been a Boxer breeder and participant in AKC Obedience Trials and AKC Conformation Dog Shows where her Boxers won Champion titles along with Nationally ranked Obedience titles.
Her Training credentials and experience include:
- Certified Personal and Group Trainer…AFAA!
- Certified Canine Massage Therapist—Equissage
- CEU courses currently include…
- Healing Touch for Animals, Level 1 and 2
- Healing Touch for Humans, Level 1 and 2 at Pali Momi
- Rolfing Techniques at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA,
- Animal Communication Workshop with Bill Northern
- Intensive Feng Shui Course with Alice Inoue
- Arthritis Exercise Workshop