(Monday) 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm HST
Happiness U - SALT
675 Auahi Street, Suite E3-205, Honolulu, HI 96813
Often in life, we become
Often in life, we become so used to the daily appearance/existence of things (both in the physical and spiritual realms) that we begin to stop even noticing them. Mindfulness is the ability to bring back the awareness of what is happening both inside and around us. It is an intuitive system of mind training and self-exploration. By improving concentration and intuitive awareness, one can:
- Achieve physical relaxation
- Have more control over thought processes
- Increase tranquility and the ability to deal with stress
- Heal, physically and psychologically
- Have enhanced spiritual development
We will follow the “Six Wonderful Doors” of the breathing technique into meditation, namely:
With practice, one can connect the mind and the body to stay centered in the present and experience life to the fullest.
This class will mostly be a practice of Mindfulness Meditation by Max Gin, president of Vajrayana Buddhism Association of Hawai`i for the past 15 years. He will share his knowledge and lead us in using mindfulness skills to connect the mind and body in staying centered in the present, to ultimately help others to live in this complex world with clarity, well being, calm, and happiness.
TO RSVP or PURCHASE TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT:
- Happiness U dues-paying members with unlimited access only may RSVP:
- Members may RSVP by emailing the team at email@example.com
- If you are not a dues-paying member with unlimited access, please email the team to reserve and pay for your ticket.
- Email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can pay via PayPal Invoice (which we will email you for the cost of the ticket), or pay at the door
- Monthly Guest – $80
- Monthly Charter Member ticket – $64
- One-time Ticket – $25.00
Email us if you have any further questions at email@example.com
Max was born in Hong Kong, and immigrated to Canada in 1973 to further his education. He graduated with a B.A. in Commerce, with honors, from the University of Ottawa in 1978. He then moved to Honolulu and married his wife, Rose. Together, they started, and continue, to operate a successful jewelry wholesale and retail business for the past 35 years. Along the way, they managed to raise two beautiful young women.
Max has been studying Buddhism philosophy and practices for 25 years. His teacher is of Nyingmapa lineage of Tibetan Buddhism; Master Tam Shek Wing, a disciple of the late H.H. Dudjom Rinpoche. He has been the president of Vajrayana Buddhism Association of Hawai`i for the past 15 years. In 2005, Max was ordained as an Acharya, a guide or instructor.
He is interested in sharing his knowledge in using mindfulness skills to connect the mind and body in staying centered in the present, to ultimately help others to live in this complex world with clarity, well being, calm, and happiness.