It sure feels like Mercury Retrograde, doesn’t it? Well, “something’s up” as many of you have noticed and asked about. Well, the official name of what has been going on that you have been feeling is “Cardinal Grand Cross,” and astrologically is considered very powerful and can affect many areas of our lives at once. It’s almost as if we are being stretched apart at the seams in some way.
A grand cross in the sky is formed when four planets (or more) are at 90 degree angles from each other, formed by a set of two oppositions. When planets are in opposition to each other in the sky, they create tension and many of us can feel that tension in our lives in the areas where growth, change and movement is necessary.
We started feeling this particular grand cross as early as August of 2013, and it is happening now, and peaking the final week of April (2014). Without getting into the nitty-gritty details of the planets (Jupiter, Mars, Uranus, Pluto, Venus) and the positions, let’s see if you have experienced any of the following:
- Feeling like there is so much you want/need/”have” to do and just don’t know how you can get it done.
- Tension with others or within yourself that causes more “stress” than usual
- Issues that you can no longer ignore and need to confront others with
- Feeling like you need to end certain chapters in your life (or you have done so already)
- Having unexpected situations come up that now you have to choose a new path to navigate (health, job, home, relationships).
Yet at the same time, you may have noticed:
- Some areas of your life going extremely well
- Unexpected synchronicities and delightful events
- Connections with some people being extra positive
- Deep down feeling like everything is going to be alright (even though at times you are not certain) – In other words feeling kind of “crazy” in a good way.
- Feeling blessed and appreciative, even though things are tough.
- Trust, that beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no matter what is happening in your life, it is helping you to break free from limiting attitudes and false beliefs about you and your life. If it is a particularly challenging time for you, just take it day by day and find moments of joy in each day.
- Many feel they are at a crossroads of some sort, and if you feel you are too, just know that when you are ready, things will change – and not a moment before. Do what you can, and remember that it IS a time of change, so making choices that are best for you, are better for everyone.
- Awareness is the key, and the starting point. If you are feeling the planetary patterns in the sky, recognize that your consciousness is shifting and stay in each moment as best you can and allow the transformation to unfold.
As I always say – everything is going to be alright, and we are all in this together. Let’s continue this path together and walk towards that which we most desire in our lives. Help each other. Love each other. Live in your heart more than ever. It is the safest place to be right now.